April 25, 2013

Hostel Environment

With only four days left in Australia, I'm starting to get more and more excited to return home to my family and friends.  At current, I am spending my last few days in a hostel titled "Backpackers in Paradise".  This is the first time that I have ever been in a hostel, so truly I did not know what to expect when I arrived.  Apparently, you bunk with strangers and share bathrooms, showers, cooking tools, and stories.  My hostel, in particular, seems to be catered towards a 'party' crowd.  Not to say that I don't enjoy parties, but I don't enjoy parties.  I like getting up at six in the morning to go running, spending time near the ocean, walking/exploring the city, reading, and then coming back to the hostel to sleep around ten at night.  But everyone at Backpackers in Paradise seem to like a different schedule of sleeping until noon and getting drunk until three in the morning.  Again, that works for some people, sure.  But I like my mellow agenda.  I think with my final four days, I will try to finish some of my projects (for my online classes back home), spend as much time in the sun and next to the ocean as possible, pick up a few more souvenirs, and possibly do a few more inexpensive excursions (the Botanical Gardens of Surfers Paradise, attend mass at the Greek Orthodox church in Bundall, and try out a few more intriguing restaurants).  I loved being here in Australia, in all honesty.  Right now I am just eager to leave because I am missing my sisters, brothers, parents, and dogs (mainly).  But I think after a week or so of being home, I'll wish that I was back in Australia soaking up the warmest rays of sun and enjoying the therapeutic sounds of waves beating against golden sands.  Australia stole my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment